-12:07-,

Literary: Full Marks

2/14/2020 08:00:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




The time was 11:00. I had only English class left before my lunch break. I entered the classroom and saw that the chairs were arranged differently from the usual. I remembered that we had to take a test that day. I was only able to laugh at the fact that I was unprepared. I took my place near the windows at the back of the class and waited for my test paper to be handed to me. I looked down at my test paper and saw that it was not an objective test. I can actually pass this test! I thought. I borrowed a pen from my seatmate and started answering.

Quiz 2
3rd Quarter

INSTRUCTIONS: ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS CONCISELY AND COMPLETELY.

WHAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING IN THE WORLD?
Love.

WHY DO YOU SAY SO?
Love is simple. It can be the thrill of holding hands with someone or the joy felt because of another person’s smile. It can also be the warmth of a hug or the intimacy from sharing a kiss. At the same time, love is complex. Love can make fools of wise men. Love makes the ordinary feel important. Love sweetens the heart in a way that nothing else can.

HOW CAN YOU SAY SO?
I can say this because I’ve seen love and I’ve known love. I can say this because I love someone.


I finished the test with quite a bit of time remaining before it was time to turn the papers in. I decided to do a little bit of sightseeing as I usually do whenever I finish tests early. I peeked out the window and saw the woman that held my heart. However, she was also holding something else — another man’s hand. Though I was far from her, I can feel the joy in her smile though the smile was not for me. I watched as they held each other in their arms and as they held themselves back from joining their lips. That short moment felt like an eternity to me. That eternity showed me just how much of a fool I was. That eternity reminded me of my unimportance. That eternity replaced the sweetness in my heart with a heavy bitterness. The eternity I was trapped in was broken when my seatmate tapped my shoulder and signaled for me to pass my paper. I later found out that I scored full marks on the test but I could not rejoice as I felt that my answers were incorrect.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: