-12:07-,

Literary: Reviews of the Annual Love Carnival

2/28/2020 09:00:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




A Review of the Annual Love Carnival (2019)

The Love Carnival is an annual carnival held for a week starting on Valentine’s Day. Inside, you can usually find concessionaire stands selling a wide variety of food and drinks, live bands performing their own music and covers of classics and, of course, tons of rides ranging from the relaxing Ferris wheel to the thrilling roller coaster. This year, I was able to go to the carnival for the very first time with my girlfriend. These are my thoughts on the carnival.

FOOD AND DRINKS – 10/10

Bacon-wrapped chicken sandwiches, sea salt ice cream, orange-mocha frappuccinos — you name it, the fair probably has it. Not only were the food varied and appealing, they were also fun and most importantly, tasty. If you go to the fair, you have to try the amazing coffee floats. Some people think that they are too sweet but my girlfriend and I thought it was just right and we loved it.

MUSIC – 10/10

The carnival organizers did a tremendous job at inviting bands. The music was played by a mix of famous bands and relatively unknown ones. However, all of them played cleanly and tightly. The people who did the mixing also did a great job, especially when considering that the carnival was in an open-air area. The drums were punchy, the bass was heart-thumping, the guitars were not too loud, and the vocals were clearly audible. Some of the songs I heard will probably stay in my head for the next few days.

RIDES – 10/10

Rides are what make or break a carnival. I am glad to say that the rides did the former. The Ferris wheel gave an amazing view and was the perfect avenue to discuss plans and dreams with my girlfriend. The mirror maze tested our ability to solve problems while also allowing our relationship to grow. The carousel was fun in its own little simple way. The roller coaster was the most interesting for me because it made people feel fear when there was really nothing to be afraid of. Nevertheless, it was exciting and led to some hugs with my girlfriend.

OVERALL – 10/10

The carnival was spectacular and I cannot wait to go there again with my girlfriend next year.


A Review of the Annual Love Carnival (2020)

The Love Carnival is an annual carnival held for a week starting on February 14. Inside, you can usually find capitalist stands who want to sell food and drinks, live bands performing their original music which nobody cares about and overplayed songs and, of course, an absurd amount of rides designed to waste your time. This year, I went to the carnival for the second time. These are my thoughts on the carnival.

FOOD AND DRINKS – 1/10

Sandwiches, ice cream, frappuccinos — you name a cliché, the fair probably has it. Not only were the food items monotonous and unappealing, they were also boring and most importantly, unpleasant. If you go to the fair, you have to avoid the terrible coffee floats. Some people think that they are perfectly sweet but I found them way too bitter and I hated it.

MUSIC – 1/10

The carnival organizers did a horrible job at inviting bands. The music was played by a mix of overrated bands and obscure ones. However, all of them played loosely and terribly. The people who did the mixing also did a lowly job, even when considering that the carnival was an open-air area. The drums were noisy, the bass could not be felt, the guitars were screechy, and the vocals were dirty. I hope I can get the sound out of my head as soon as possible.

RIDES – 1/10

Rides are what make or break a carnival. I am saddened to say that the rides did the latter. The Ferris wheel gave a terrible view and left me thinking about all of my problems. The mirror maze was frustrating and confusing and just made me want to break the mirrors. The carousel was stupid and just made me go around in circles. The roller coaster was the most interesting for me because it made people feel fear when there was really nothing to be afraid of. Anyways, it was boring and led to nothing important.

OVERALL – 1/10

The carnival was a waste of time and I will not be going there again next year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: