Eclipse,

Literary: A Love Poem from a Loveless Person

2/14/2020 09:01:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Love, they say, is something everyone experiences and feels
At least once in their life
With a significant other.

Why is it then that I don’t feel a romantic pull?
I fear that I am broken
For whenever someone says that they are in love,
I simply cannot fathom what it would be like.

Because they say that when you are in love,
Everything is bright and colorful
As if one can see all the colors in splendor.
But for me, it is always dark and monotonous
Engulfed by the shadows of nothingness.

Love is seeing the entire galaxy in one person’s eyes
Resplendent with happiness and mirth,
Feeling euphoria and exhilaration whenever eyes meet
Sparks flying and warmth blossoming when skin touches skin.

Why is it that I see nothing but black holes in a person’s eyes?
Two indiscernible circles making me feel dispirited and uneasy.
Awkwardness and the feeling of wanting to disappear whenever eyes meet
Scalding yet frigid at the same time when skin touches skin even just a little bit

People’s love stories are always so interesting
Stories of admiration and contentment always coming out of their lips
Always full of smiles and overflowing with passion.
They often tell me that they feel whole with their partner,
That their partner holds on to the other half of their heart.

Then maybe the reason why I feel this way is because I am afraid.
Afraid that my story will be tragic and lamentable
Drowning in tears and swallowed up by darkness.
All I feel is empty.
And all I am is broken.

For I cannot feel love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: