english,

Literary: Date

2/14/2020 08:15:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




"I wanna take her out."
"Yeah? Go for it, what's stopping you?"
"Dude you know how sick she is. I'm not even sure if she's got a lot of time left."
"Ah, has it gotten that bad? I'm really sorry dude." "Yeah, don't sweat it, I think I'm dealing with it fine for the most part. I'm just glad I have you with me."
"And you know I always will be."
"Thanks man, I love you for that."
"Love you too, you dork. Though if you could take her somewhere, where would you go?"
"Oh that's easy. I'd drive her down to the pier in the early morning, and we'd walk along the shore as the sun rose. Then we'd sleepily eat breakfast while the waves tickle our toes."
"Pffft. How cliche of you."
"Shut up, I think It'd be nice."
"So, what else would you do?"
"For lunch, I'd take her out somewhere fun. Maybe to the local fair? Their food is good, plus you know she absolutely adores all the rides. No matter how many times she goes, she never gets tired of them."
"Haha yeah! Remember the time we all went, and she wouldn't stop laughing at how dizzy you were after every ride, until you finally puked straight into her bag? She wouldn't talk to you for weeks!"
"Ugh, don't remind me."
"Hahaha you wimp. Would you give her anything?"
"Flowers. Bougainvillea and gumamela, she loves those. There was a small garden filled with them in the place she used to live in before she moved here. She always told me that they'd be all you could see for miles and miles, and that they never seemed to end no matter how small the garden was."
"I'm sure she'd love them."
"Yeah, I know. I think in the evening we'd just go home, order pizza, and watch a ton of horror movies."
"Even though you'd crap your pants at the slightest noise?"
"Even if I'd crap my pants at the slightest noise."
"Haha, I thought as much."

"Hey dude?"
"Yeah?"
"I don't want to lose her."
"You won't."

The two boys finally arrived, standing in the front of the hospital door. It loomed over them, the final weight of what they were about to do settling on them.

"Hey, you sure you're ready to see her?"
"Yeah, I am."

The young boy squeezed the other's hand gently, giving him a small smile.

"Ok."

The door opened, and a bright light met their eyes, as well as a woman with a sweet smile softly illuminating her face.

The young boy took a deep breath in as he smiled back at her.

"Happy Valentines day, mom."

You Might Also Like

0 comments: