ampersand,

Literary: Crystal

2/14/2020 08:36:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




You're the one who started our conversation
I'm not used to it – to you, actually
But gradually, it became so often
that the thought of you texting me became normal for me

Waking me up every day with your good mornings,
Texting me non-stop just to tell me to eat my meals
And ending a tiring day with your "Good night, sleep well."
Became our daily routine

We've been like this for months already
You always start the conversation with a question
Then I'm the one who’s going to answer
And it's a one-way cycle

You make me smile
although I keep on getting confused about my feelings
I make you exultant
and make you feel butterflies in your stomach, you added

On the first day of February, you asked me
"Will you be my Valentine?"
Where's your good morning?
"Wait, what?"

I'm scared
Am I ready for this?
"Do you like me?"
I lied

I know your feelings towards me
It's just that I'm unsure of mine
"Can't you feel it?"
I lied again, I agreed

My feelings were fuzzy
Is this love that I'm feeling?
Do I like you?
Or I just like the feeling of being taken care of?

"I'm sorry..."
"It's fine, nothing to worry about."
the routine stopped
and I became loneliness' friend

Days have passed
when I tried my best to disturb myself
from the thought of you
But, unluckily, it's replaced by regrets

Then one day I realized what's wrong
So I asked myself
Will you be my Valentine?
And everything became crystal clear

“Yes”
I answered
Then I went out of my house
to walk around and question myself again

What do you like?
What do you dislike?
What makes you happy?
What makes you sad?

Getting to know myself again
Getting to know myself more
Learning how to be happy alone
Learning how to love myself

Maybe loving yourself first
is a way to prepare how to love someone better

You Might Also Like

0 comments: