english,

Literary: The sound of my ukulele

2/14/2020 09:11:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Guided by the sound of my ukulele
Could you spare me a minute?
Ease me up, would you let me
Admiringly sing a song that I wrote for you?

Gifted you are with talent
Crafted you are with good looks,
Everyone swoons when they see you
Can you notice that I do too?

Getting to see you makes my day
Drives my worries away
Greatly inspires me
Brings me happiness in all kinds of ways.

As my right hand’s fingers strum the strings
Chords held by the other
Every note you hear, wonderful
As wonderful as you.

And here I am, with you
Charmed by your every bit.
Feeling this very moment of us together
And hope that my ukulele does the trick.

After this, I hope we can
Enjoy each other's company more often
Create more memories together,
Gayly harmonize like the strings of my ukulele.

Great things come to an end
‘Cause everything has been said
Every bit of gratitude is to my wooden friend
Along with you, who stopped and listened.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: