english,

Literary: You

2/14/2020 08:12:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I didn't really like you the first time we met. I only saw you as a random person. A random person who was friends with my coach. We were at training back then, and if I remember correctly, you were having a fling with one of my teammates. I didn’t even bother to look at you.

The second time we met, it was a competition day. It was the Grand Prix Leg 3. My coach introduced us to each other. We didn't talk to each other at all and we only made eye contact once.

July 7, 2019 1:37 pm - I wasn't feeling good because of my performance, that you also saw earlier that day. I reacted to your Instagram story. You replied and soon enough, we started to talk and have long conversations frequently. Chatting with you was never a bore. It felt like every hour that passed turned into minutes or even seconds. It would be hard to back-read messages from the previous night because we talked about so many random things. You gave big hints that you liked me; not to brag, but it was pretty obvious. You kept on deleting messages that obviously had meanings behind them, otherwise, you wouldn't have deleted them. I could’ve been wrong about that, but it went on for days. Take note, I didn't have feelings for you then. But there was something about you that made my heart flutter once again. After a few days, you clarified that you ended your “fling” with my friend. You said you didn’t really feel anything towards her and you didn’t want her to assume that you guys were a thing. I got a bit mad because you gave her hope and you also gave her hints. You gave her your number and you had video calls late at night. Then after a few weeks, you admitted that you didn’t have feelings for her. I took note of what you did to my friend, I kept thinking that you would do the same thing to me. I tried to stop myself but there was something about your words. The way you express your words were different, it was like I’ve never seen or heard anyone say those kinds of words to me.

July 21, 2019 12:01 pm - I realized that I had to say it. You asked me what we were the night before, and I answered your question today. I admitted that I had feelings for you. Call me a flirt, I don't care. After that, every day was the same but I was happier. We were happier. We got to meet, train together, and go places a few times. My parents know you and your parents know me. You surprised me a few times, like that time when you went to the swim team’s Christmas party and the Philippine National Open competition. We created happy memories together.


Everyday was the same, we got to train more frequently together and all that. Not much has happened since then but suddenly, all of that changed.


December 17, 2019 around 9 pm - I talked to two of my best friends and my sister. I told them that I felt like I was drifting away from you. Far away. I had a dream that I was with another guy and my parents also liked him the way they like you. I felt my heart turn cold towards you; every time you said anything sweet, I didn’t feel a thing. We fought a few days after my heart changed but I didn't feel any pain. I usually did when we fought, but this time, I didn't.

Whenever we may meet, I hope my feelings will go back to the way they were. See you soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: