english,

Literary: Memories of Sand

2/14/2020 08:46:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




We were fireworks suspended in time,
Alive and bursting with color against the dark.
But fireworks can never stay for too long
And soon enough, we burned out.

We were raindrops falling against car windows,
Fiercely crashing into each other from the heights.
Slamming against rooftops and over the rivers,
We were the raindrops that eventually petered out.

We were leaves sprouting to greet the day,
Bathing in the warmth of the sun.
We basked in the beauty of our evergreen summer
But we were leaves that withered when autumn began.

The transience we've spent together,
It's encaptured in photographs that echo the past.
I stare at them and realize that I am holding on
To sand slipping through my fingers very fast.

And so I'll relish in the beauty of the grandest firework,
I'll dance with the cold raindrops on the dimmest day,
I'll chase after the brittle leaves blown away by the wind,
And I'll stare at the smiles on our faces for the last time I may.

Then I'll break down my castles of sand,
I'll let go of every grain,
And finally let our memories reside where they truly are--
In the past, and nowhere else.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: