english,

Literary: The Right Choice

6/11/2021 07:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





It took me two and a half years
Trying to hold back drops of my tears
Hurting in ways I don’t deserve
Pushing to finally choose myself

I am sure I did the right thing
We were victims of our own doing
And I know I made the right choice
For this will silence the harsh chaos

But the rain turned into a storm
Here I am, feeling alone and cold.
Why, though, does it not quite feel right?
Nobody has remained by my side

Despite my strive to move forward
I always end up back to the start
Who can pick me up off the floor
Is also the cause of my downfall

But I know a morning will come
Where this pain I’m feeling will be gone
Everything will feel so unreal
Because there are no wounds that don’t heal

When I am finally okay
I will surely look back on today
And thank myself for enduring
The pain I thought was never ending

For the glow and strength I will bare
will be the product of my despair

You Might Also Like

0 comments: