english,

Literary: Our Hearts will be in Tune

6/11/2021 05:06:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





A letter to my future lover:

Dear lover,

I always wondered what you would be like.

Would you be passionate and headstrong about your dreams? Or would you be laid-back and let life take you wherever it wants you to be?

Would you be the type to laugh silently at my silly antics, or would you join me as we create beautiful chaos together? Would you sit with me in silence when I don't feel like talking, or would you lift up my spirits right away and push me back on track? Would you be a calm tide that washes away my problems, or a strong storm that helps me brave through the sorrows of life?

What are your likes and dislikes? Do you like dancing? When we meet, would you be a good dancer who would guide me as we slow dance in the dim light of the streetlamps? Or would you have two left feet, like me, but still choose to dance together in the middle of a mall just because we’re feeling it? Oh, and what music do you listen to? Would we have the same tastes, are you more of a Frank Sinatra or a Billy Joel? Or a Taylor Swift and a little Bon Iver? Would we bop our heads to the rhythm of a song we both know by heart? Or would you introduce me to new melodies I’ve never heard, and never knew I’d love?

I wonder, would we have the same passion towards art? If we were to have a date per se, in an art museum. Would you examine every brush stroke and streak of color there is, appreciate the harmony of bleached swirls of blue next to the mellow waves of mauve, and scrutinize the meaning of art in a canvas that was once blank? Or would you admire each piece as it is, and move to the next one? Forgive me if I have a lot of questions, you must know by now that art is one of my favorite topics.

However sad it can get at times, realizing that I haven’t met you yet, it's always nice to wonder about how you could be—and how we could be.

I know that despite how far apart and unfamiliar we may seem to each other now, one day, you’re going to wiggle your way effortlessly into my life as if you had been there all along. You, who’d make me willingly sleep early, even if the last chapter of my book is interesting. You, who’d make me want to wake up early, because I want to have my morning coffee with you. You, who’d get me excited over the most trivial things. You, who’d make me believe that loving could be so easy.

With all the love that I know I’ll feel for you, I want to cherish and celebrate you with everything I can muster as well. I want to love you through my sleepless nights, my lazy afternoons and my groggy mornings. I want to love you through my little victory dances and my huge celebratory parties.

With me, I assure you that you won’t have to wake up alone because I’ll always be there, sleeping longer than you do. I assure you that you won't have to stay up in the middle of the night wondering if you’re loved, because I will make you feel loved. I assure you that I’ll be there through your sleepless nights, lazy afternoons and groggy mornings, and I will join you in your little victory dances and huge celebratory parties. And I assure you that even when you lose your greatest attractions, I will still admire you for the masterpiece that you are.

You already hold a place in my heart no one could ever dare to dream about.

And I want you to know that you’ve already made your way to me before I’ve even met you.

So hold on just a little longer, my lover—I am on my way.

P.S. I have a very wide range of taste in music, so I’m sure I’d like anything you’d make me listen to.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: