ah ok,

Literary: Dreamer

6/11/2021 06:07:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I have a dream I long to see,
A distant light always with me.
It helps me cope with reality,
The image of my fantasy.

I run to reach my dream
To make it a reality already.
I go even faster, more excited than ever
But the light doesn’t seem to get any nearer.

I stop as I’m out of breath
And I look at the path ahead.
It’s not as simple as I thought it would be
Reaching my dream won’t come easily.

As I rest, I start to question,
Why do I even want to reach a mere illusion?
Running for miles and miles,
Is it really worth my while?

However, I did not come this far just to quit.
The journey ahead may be harsh and grim
But that’s just all a part of it.
The vision in my mind, I will never omit.

I began to run again at a steady pace
This time around I’ll go with grace.
Everything surrounding me may be dark,
But I have a fire burning bright in my heart.

I’ll climb the mountain
I’ll cross the stream
With no exact destination
I’ll reach my dream with determination.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: