english,

Literary: Forward

6/11/2021 06:55:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I’m tired of dwelling on the past
Dwelling on whats, hows, whys,
Dwelling on regrets
I’m tired of always looking back

Looking at people long gone
Wondering what I could have done
Tired of thinking my best days have passed
Thinking I’m worthless

Useless
I’m sick of it
It’s time to change that thinking
It’s time to change where I’m looking

I’ll transform my mind, call me Optimus
Avoiding bad thoughts like an optimist
Fix my eyes, I’m my ophthalmologist
So I that can see where the future is

Head back to the future in my DeLorean
I’ll stop being such a sour historian
Still have friends to see, places to explore and
My dreams which don’t end at graduation

Can’t wait to see this cursed pandemic end
Can’t wait to go out with my friends again
Can’t wait to jam like we are Ben&Ben
Can’t wait for this to be real, not pretend

Gonna study quite well in my dream course
Will I make new friends here? Uh, yeah, of course
Still keep the ones I have, they’re my life force
Losing them would leave me with such remorse

After school, work to put cash in my purse
Find someone to love? Sure, but dreams come first
Nice house, gadgets, food, and water for thirst
Among other things I love to have on Earth

Buy a car, for my outings on Sundays
Write some songs though I can’t sing like Grande
As I think of these goals, along the way
I will mind to be grateful every day

I gotta admit, I still look backward
But I don’t wish to go back, rather, onward
Starting to change where I’m looking toward
As Disney said: “We keep moving forward”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: