english,

Literary: Heartstrings.

6/11/2021 06:28:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





My heart is tied to yours
and all the strings are taut.
Because today,
with every step I take,
I am closer to you than I thought.

I have waited for you forever.
My love, are you aware?
Could you pull once if you know
and twice just so
I am sure that you are there.

And when you have trouble sleeping tonight,
just pull the string three times.
So I can play you melodies,
and symphonies,
and a heartstring lullaby.

But before you dream: I love you.
Even if I don't know you yet.
And when I walk through your door
I know I will love you more
than I did before we met.

And I want to forget the world with you;
It's had a hold of us for too long.
So, world be damned
I will hold your hand
as we dance to our song.

Get some rest tonight, my love,
and rest assured I'll see you soon.
Because I've asked the moon where you are
and he's asked the stars—
And now, I'm coming home to you.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: