english,

Literary: Win or Lose

5/17/2017 08:15:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





PRESS START
What we had was a game, wasn’t it? A whole adventure with many places to explore challenges to play. Rivals that come along and previous champions to defeat. You wanted me to play your game and I joined willingly hoping two could win.

los·er, noun
: Someone or something that loses a game, contest, etc.
: Someone who is harmed or put in a worse position as the result of something

GAME OVER
That day you left me, I felt terrible. It was a bitter defeat after trying to beat the boss level for so long. I tried so hard with strategies, even cheat codes. But nothing ever worked. Only one could win and that was you.

win·ner, noun
: Someone or something that wins a contest, prize, etc.
: A very good or successful person or thing

CHAMPION
It feels like I wasted so much time playing a game I was only tempted to win. I didn’t want to give up but I found out that the game wasn’t for me. I realized, though, that this game taught me a lot of lessons so I still thought that I was the player who won after all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: