english,

Literary: Delta

5/17/2017 09:05:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





170415
               I have avoided discussing this for a very long time, and yet it has always been on my mind.
               Not because I find the subject difficult, or that my thoughts about it are still in disarray. I do not even lack the reason nor the inspiration to do so.
               It is quite the contrary. Change is just dangerous to write about.
               I find myself scared of how I might lose my way in the dense thicket of our history, how I might, again, fall into the pitfalls of our past and never find my way back out.
               In the same manner, I find myself in awe of how far we have travelled through the labyrinth that is love, how we, again, have risen above the tempests that have raged on with our brave voyage.
               Finally, I feel at ease, as I have found something permanent, unchanging.
               I need to tell you what it is.
               Words find me.

-----

“The difference between.”

How is it possible
That in the face of the worst
One still changes for the better?

I used to look away and cower
At the thought of the past
Of what I have done
Of what once was
And yet
I now stare, proud and fearless
Into the face of the future
Of what will be done
Of what forever is
How is it possible
That in hopeless darkness
One still finds the light?
I used to find myself utterly lost
In a world that defied me
Every sight, terrible
Every step, agony
And yet
I now march, straight and true
In a world that guides me
Every sight, beautiful
Every step, bliss
How is it possible for me
When everything was cold and bleak
To find everything warm and bright
In you?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: