english,

Literary: It’s the Differences

5/17/2017 07:48:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





We always had our differences

You would start your day with tea
Two spoons of sugar and a few drops of milk
And I would start mine with a cup of coffee
Black, no sugar, bitter, as shiny as silk

In the afternoon, your energy didn’t dip
And to think, it was I who drank coffee
We’d always fight as I’d like to sleep
But you’d wake me with your relentless energy

At night, you’d prefer to rest early
As you would need to get up in the morning
But the caffeine’s effects linger surely
As I would pull you to go out stargazing

Yes, you and I are nothing alike
We have our differences, like night and day
But it’s how we compromise, love, and stay
And I wouldn’t have it any other way

You Might Also Like

0 comments: