english,

Literary: Just Friends

5/17/2017 08:40:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





'And we lived happily ever after...'
Or so I thought.
Our flame seemed to falter
No matter how much I fought

I did all that I could
So I wouldn't lose 'the one'
I tried to be that someone in your plan
Turns out, it's easier said than done

It was my fault, too
I know that now
But there are things I simply can't do
That is something you must know

The promises you asked of me
Left unfulfilled in the great expanse
But how was that to be
When you won't even give me a chance

I just wanted to tell you
That I loved you until the end
But we simply couldn't make do,
The rift was just too big to mend

Let the past be forgotten in the night
For I've found happiness,
I've found a new light
To guide me through the darkness

I thought I would be happy at last
But a feeling just wouldn't waver
I can't help think that it was too fast
Now I'm more confused than ever

I always worry...
I don't want to face the uneasy end
All I can say is "Sorry,
But all we can be is friends."

You Might Also Like

0 comments: