english,

Literary: Error 404

5/12/2017 08:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Virtual Reality
We’d always talk every chance we got
I was lazy but you spoke a lot
At first, I was annoyed but you grew on me
Because you completed every sentence I could not

I may sound silly but it’s the truth
You became the highlight of my day
I constantly look forward to chatting with you,
Smiling widely whenever you send me a “hey”

Nothing and no one can ever measure
How much space you took up in my mind
For the few months we spent learning about each other
Our once parallel strings became intertwined

Reality
We’d pass the same halls, the same floors
But you wouldn’t spare me a single glance
Because it was all just silence
All along, I thought it was romance

It hurts but it’s the truth
We never really knew each other
We never really knew the person behind the screen
And we never really conversed without a computer

But still, nothing and no one can ever describe
The type of person you became to me
For the past few months, I loved learning about you
Even though we only interacted virtually

For now, I might as well forget everything we talked about
Including all your words I could not help but fall for
Because sadly, our real connection only says
Error 404

You Might Also Like

0 comments: