corny blue,

Literary: Those Moments

5/17/2017 09:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





The moment we first met
When I first saw the intensity in your eyes,
I knew I should’ve just ran away and saved myself
Because I knew that you’ll do me no good
But maybe I was just being cynical
So, I did otherwise.

The moment we unfolded
The feelings we’ve been holding back
I knew I didn’t want to commit,
Because I knew that you’ll only break me
But I know I should take chances
So, I let you break my heart.

The moment I got to know
The things you should have been telling me
I knew I should’ve conceded,
Because I knew you’re just deceiving me,
But I know it was just to test us
So, I chose to be strong.

The moment I decided
That I already wanted to leave
I knew I couldn’t take any more of it
Because I knew something was wrong
We couldn’t fix it and I already gave up
But you asked for a second chance
So, I gave it to you and stayed.

The moment I became a pathetic mess
I unwillingly pushed you away
Because I knew you wouldn’t waste your time understanding
And I knew that you’d just go away and leave
But you were the one who pulled me closer,
Held me together and made me whole again.
So, I dismissed my doubts and presumptions.

And then the moment came that I realized
The choices I made were very unlike me.
I knew from the start that you weren’t my type,
Because I know you’d turn my world upside down.
You pushed me out of my comfort zone,
And made me do crazy things
But you showed me the beauty of the other side
And proved to me that all the risks were worth it

You Might Also Like

0 comments: