corny blue,

Literary: It Was a Matter of Time

3/17/2017 08:48:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Six years ago
We thought that we would last
We thought we had it all
We thought that we were enough

Two years ago
You said you’d never leave
I thought that you were right
That we’d have each other’s back

A year ago
Something came up
You never had the guts to apologize
Because you said it was nothing

A month ago
You didn’t say a thing
Complete nothingness filled the gaps
You made for the past 6 years

And yesterday
I tried to make it work
I tried to talk it out
I tried to be strong
I tried not to cry
I tried

Yesterday
I let you go
I thought that it was the right thing to do
I know I’ll never be enough

After a month
I told myself, “There’s no turning back now”
Even though I know I was wrong
When I wanted us to go our separate ways

After a year
Something came up and I went to you
I had the guts to explain myself
But you said it was nothing

After two years
I told you I still love you
But I was left speechless
When you just walked away without saying a word

After six years
I tried to make you mine again
I tried to talk to you
I tried to be strong
I tried not to cry
I tried.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: