dawson,

Literary: Grounded x Sailing

3/17/2017 09:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Grounded

I keep us afloat
In a sea of reverie and possibilities
Never containing the dreams I have
Suspending us in timeless wonder

I motivate, initiate
Destroy the boundaries that society builds for us
Creating the tomorrow in my mind
That I desire we see together

I am numb from the pain
And sorrow of life
And that is what keeps me dreaming
That’s what keeps me alive

But at times I get tired
Of my forever sleep in color,
Of the vivid intangibility
Where I feel isolated but belong at the same time

And you take me back
Closer to the earth
Closer to you
In the stable arms of reality and truth

You keep me from going too deep
Undaunted of the unknown that lurks within
You keep me from floating way too high
And dissipating into the galaxy

You make me feel grounded
You make me feel real
And out of all the things you do for me
You make me feel

Thank you

Sailing

I made us sink
As I tried to take ship across the sea
Yet crashed against the waves of doubts
That pulled us deeper to the infinite darkness of wasted hopes

I embraced you
To create a world just for us
But my fear of inadequacy
Takes away my intimate warmth against your body

I have travelled far distances,
Met a lot of people, and let some of them go
Which keeps me fearful,
That makes me live a life so dire

But I ought to vomit
The burgeoned qualms
Of sophistic lies
Which affirms me, yet destroys us

And you lift me up
Closer to the skies
Closer to you
In the stable arms of reality and truth

You have saved my love that’s drowning
You have dived deep-
To where the seabed is no longer touched by light
And back to the horizon- where you and I would meet

You made my love sail
You made me free from fear
And out of all the things you do for me
You made me

Thank you

You Might Also Like

0 comments: