english,

Literary (Submission): 8 Anonymous People

3/02/2017 09:23:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




8 Anonymous People on the moment they knew it was something else

1. “It was the day of the exams and we were reviewing the lesson in physics. We were arguing about what the Lenz's law indicates and he talked about it for 5 minutes with his hand gestures and all. It ended up not being in the test, but it didn't matter. I think he's the only person who could talk about something I disliked yet make me want to listen and know more about it.”

2. “Right from the beginning, I made the choice of going after her. I always knew she was something else. It's just that she already has someone else.”

3. “We were listening to the radio when Blank by Blank came up. It was a bad day but it instantly became better when he came up with the goofiest dance moves while singing along. I was cracking up the whole time and slowly regained calmness to see that he was sitting there and watching me laugh my heart out. He smiled. Right then and there I knew I wanted to be with someone who would dance like that just to see me happy.”

4. “As cliche as it sounds- he makes time stop whenever he laughs. It adds to the list of things that make the world a better place. It redeems the universe from all the negative.”

5. “I was crying because of something stupid and he was the first person to see and ask me if I was okay. The expression in his eyes when he asked was something you'd only get from someone who genuinely wanted to listen and stay. It was awkward but I felt that he wanted to give comfort. I felt that I had someone who cared.”

6. “It was the weekend and it was one of those days when I had the courage to send her a message on Facebook. We were close friends and talked often about different things in life. As the conversation was going, I accidentally pressed the button to make a video call. My heart jumped and to my surprise, she answered before I could cancel it. I ended up listening to her and her family blast out and sing along to OPM songs in the car for about 20 minutes. I felt how close and happy they were. I didn’t say a word, but I was smiling the whole time.”

7. “I always pray before I sleep. One night, I started praying for her safety and well-being –for God to help her with whatever she’s going through. I also did it the night after that, and the nights after that. It kind of became part of my routine to make sure I talked to Him about her. I’d wake up and see her the next morning, and know that my prayers are being answered.”

8. “We were walking to the ground floor of a mall. I’d always slow down just so she wouldn’t have to get tired keeping up with my pace, yet she’d still do because of the random stories she’d constantly blab about that would make her lose her breath. That time, she told me about how she dreamed of Zac Efron and how her dad kicked him out of the house. Part of the reason I love being with her is the way she’d tell me little things –things I don’t need to know, but things that make me know more about her. I hate walking to places, but doing it with her makes it less worse.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: