arrow,

Literary (Submission): To My Hero

3/02/2017 09:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






I'm looking forward to it.

The moment I get to catch a glimpse of how the sky, bathed in calming shades of blue, is overshadowed by the vibrant rays of warm reds and light pinks. And as I savor every second of this moment, I'll look into your ocean eyes and I'll wonder how small orbs can reflect such a wide variety of hues. How these splendid rays of light is a portent of an incoming storm. As if on cue, a wall of black absorbs those various colors, leaving me standing on the beach alone watching the sun that sets on the horizon.

Forgive me for I have lost the spectrum of hues you worked so hard to let me see. Forgive me for I no longer bear the delicate rainbow you brought in this bland and dark world of mine. Forgive me for I cannot recall the moments that we shared together and forgive me for I have nothing to give in return.

But please know that I'll remember all the vibrant reds, the warm yellows, the relaxing greens and even the coldest blues. I'll tuck them in the deepest corner of my memory in hopes that one day, I'd be able to see them again. I'll remember your sweet whispers that continue to echo in the wind. I'll remember how promises of your return would spill out of your mouth and how the feeling of euphoria rushed through my veins as every word slipped through your lips.

I will be waiting
For the moon that never meets the horizon, the sun that would never shine again.
I am still waiting
For the hero that would never come back, the promise that would never be kept. But here I am waiting, hoping that you'll find me again. Because it satisfies your feeling when someone you've been waiting for comes. It makes you feel that the wait was worth it.

- Calypso

You Might Also Like

0 comments: