literary,

Literary: I Understand x You Don't

3/17/2017 09:10:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I Understand

You won’t know how painful it is
To see you slowly slip out of my arms
Because I always tell you that I’m okay
Even if I know you’re falling out of love

You’re in love with him, I know
You don’t have to tell me
Because the way you look at him, I know that feeling
That’s how you look at me when you say you love me

It’s okay though
At least you’re in better hands
You’re with your best friend
Who I know have loved you from the very start

I love you
But I won’t ask you to stay
Even if I want to
Because I love you

You Don't

How sure are you
That you're the only one here getting hurt
Why do you always tell me that you're okay
Even when you are obviously not

I'm in love with him, but I loved you first
I don't have to tell you that
But you gave me away
And now I look at him the way I looked at you before

Is it really okay?
Does it really not hurt?
To know I'm in better hands
Even though they are not yours

I loved you
But I will never ask you to be mine again
Even if I once wanted to
Because you do not love me like you think you do

You Might Also Like

0 comments: