english,

Literary: Relics

3/02/2017 08:42:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






I went through my things and stumbled upon
The relics I've been trying to hide-
Odds and ends of what has come and gone
Covered in dust from the passing of time.

My feet sink into the embrace of fine sand,
Bracing for a sense of longing uncalled for
I shake my sandals and trudge along the path
That my footprints have once left before.

In my hands, rests the world we shared together
Photos old and forgotten, as stale as lost bone.
But these figures are but lights etched upon paper,
These fossils no longer have a life of their own.

I could no longer remember what made us laugh,
In the happier times of these photographs.
They continue to remind me of how what I once had,
Have now gone and eroded to dust in my hand.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: