literary,

Literary: Tomorrow x Yesterday

3/17/2017 08:53:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Tomorrow

It all depends on what I do tomorrow
The clock’s hands were tired from turning
Urging me to make a move and for you to notice
How badly I want you to know

It all depends on what I do today
Gathering up all my courage
To finally talk to you
I promise to not allow myself another delay

It all depends on what I do later
My hands are all clammy from the thought
Of you passing the same space as mine
Fear or regret? Which one weighs heavier?

It all depends on what I do in a few second’s time
I see you, a few meters ahead of me
Inch by inch I walk forward
Closer and closer still, I feel like I’m at my prime

Finally…. You walked away
Both our backs are facing each other now
A single word I can’t even utter
Once again, today’s not the day

All those self-encouragements were just for show
I cannot count the number of times I practiced
But I still can’t say a simple “hello”
Maybe I’ll just try again tomorrow

Yesterday

It all depended on what you did yesterday
The clocks’ hands were witnesses
Of how a promise can end so easily
And how everything dissolved so suddenly

It all depended on what you did on that day
When you said you needed some space
I promised I’d wait for the time
When both of our stars would align

It all depended on what you did earlier
Your silhouette I see in every corridor
You keep running on my mind, day by day
And now, you are just a few meters away

It all depended on what you did a few seconds ago
You passed by as if I were nothing
As if you forgot our love once great
Which ended under its own weight

It was not the first time
That our backs were facing each other
With a heart left midair
It’s hard pretending not to care

When you pass by again
Please, do not utter a single “hello”
This heart is tired from loving uncertainties
All it wishes for is to let you go

You Might Also Like

0 comments: