atlas,

Literary (Submission): Indebted x Settled

3/17/2017 09:41:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Indebted

I’ve fallen short
Of every opportunity I had
To reach out and hold you
When you needed me the most

I’ve missed my mark
Every time my shot was vital
To keep what we built standing
When it was all falling apart

I went too far
When I clearly should’ve stopped
Yet
I stopped too soon
When I had to keep going

And now, I can only hope
To no longer further my debt
And
To never fail you again


Settled

You may have fallen short
In doing what's best for us
Yet you seem to forget
I was the one who pushed you away

You may have missed your mark
Breaking a fragile foundation
Yet you seem to neglect
That I just wasn't strong enough

You went too far
But I couldn't follow you
And
You stopped too soon
But I couldn't keep us going

Now, let's settle our shortcomings
With a bit of hope, understanding
And
A second chance

You Might Also Like

0 comments: