hphathy,

Literary (Submission): Web x Stuck

3/17/2017 09:44:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments







Web

My beloved,
I have cut myself from the ropes
Of the tangled web you have left me in.

Though I was made to believe
That this net would cradle me
From the pain brought by those
who have gone before you,
I am finally relieved
to be released from your trap,
as the threads were slowly
starting to cut through my skin.

I will not wish you the best,
nor will I wish you the worst.

I wish you the truth.
For you deserve to know,
That the truth is that you
have always lied to yourself.

Have you not yet bitten your tongue,
from twisting your own words,
Simply because all of your lies
were such a bitter pill to swallow?

For your sake, and those around you,
I wish you would stop
blinding yourself from the truth
and deafening yourself
from the bad habits you continue to foster.

And the only thing I will hold against you
Is the unlikely coincidence
That you would always give excuses
Before I could even demand
explanations to your behavior.

But in the end, I have nothing to regret.
For I have chosen to love you,
Knowing very well that I
would just be one of the others
who would end up caught
in your web of lies.


Stuck

My dear,
You deserve to be caught up in
Whatever web of folly you’ve stuck yourself in

You made me believe
That you came to me with pure intent
Hoping to untangle me
From this twisted web I spun by myself.
But you joined in the mess,
Caught yourself up
In the knot you very much wanted
To see unraveled for yourself

And it is not the best, nor the worst,
that you grievously need right now.

You, too, are in awful need of the truth.
For you must know,
That the sun is not to blame
Should you get blind after staring at its flare.

Can you still not give in to the verity,
That you came to me in spite,
But ended up choking yourself
When I spat twice of your malice?

For your sake, and for that of mine as well,
I wish for you to stop-
Playing the victim and the distressed,
Acting as if you were unaware
Of all the dirty tricks that I held

And the only thing I will commend you of
Is your bravery
Brought by your rashness and idiocy
When you thought that you stood a thread
To this weaver of intricate lies and powerful deceit

But in the end, you are one worthy of applause.
For daring to step foot on this web
Whilst fooling yourself
Into thinking
That you are worthy enough
To ever find your way out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: