joma,

Literary: Set Yourself on Fire x I Drown in Rain

3/17/2017 09:03:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments







Set Yourself on Fire

I crave for flavors
That can never
Grace my plate

For voices
That can’t even
Mouth my name

For arms
That shudder
With just a single touch

I long for you
And I am scared

For whatever I yearn
Turns out of ambition and vain
I am not the one you seek
Yet still I strain
To keep you within my reach

As if I was made
To be ablaze
But never actually
Set you in flames

I Drown in Rain

I deserved not flavors
That rid my palette
Of bitter past

Nor the voice
That sung hymns
Of my cursed name

Nor the arms
That held me
And my burdens

I have denied you
And I am scared

For whatever I did
Turned out of illusion and pain
I am not the one you need
Yet still you strain
To reach what you will never keep

As if it was meant
To be drenched
And forever more
Be drowned in rain

You Might Also Like

0 comments: