english,

Literary (Submission): Grow

2/21/2019 09:02:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




"To my heart. I am proud of what you have become. Always beat strong and true."

To take care
Of a dandelion
Is silly

But I have cared for one

Which was once a fragile bud
Trapped in a cruel storm

Which once considered itself
Only an undeserving weed

Which I found
Broken and wilting

And so
I did my best
To love it
To protect it
To nurture it

To give it strength

But to take care
Of a dandelion
Is silly

For it needs no care
As it is fragile
No more

For it needs no protection
As it can thrive
Anywhere it wishes

For it needs no nurturing
As it can do that
On its own

For it is stubborn
And

It is already stronger
Than I

Even so
I take solace
In the fact that
I have helped

Somehow

Hopefully

Maybe

-

Now
The time has come
For my dandelion
To bloom

To leave my sanctuary
That now
Only holds it back

And ride the breeze once more

With it goes
Hopes and dreams
That I once knew

With it goes
All my best wishes

So go, my proud dandelion
And go far

But know that everyday
I will pray to the winds
In the hopes that one day
They'll bring you back
To me

So that I may care for you once more

Even though
It is silly

You Might Also Like

0 comments: