12:07,

Literary: Running Time

2/12/2019 08:15:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




One starless night, as I made my way home
I tried to look at my watch, the only thing I owned
To my surprise it wasn’t on my arm, it was running before me
Leaving me alone, as it tried to flee
I went running after it but as I was
Two hands of a clock chased me without pause
I paid no heed, and I went on
As I jumped past numbered polyhedrons
I looked back to check on my pursuers
And to my surprise, they gained two wheel followers
I paid no heed, and I went on faster
As I waded through a pile of school papers
Once again, I looked behind me
And saw my trackers had numbers for company
I paid no heed, and I went on more swiftly
Ripping past the checklists before me
I looked behind, and saw one thing by itself
A walking clock about to strike twelve
I finally caught my watch as I heard a chime
And made it back home at the same time
I checked behind only to find nothing
And I checked my watch to find it wasn’t running
I paid no heed, and I went ahead
‘Cause I can no longer turn back now it’s time for bed

You Might Also Like

0 comments: