adagio,

Literary (Submission): Without Me

3/17/2017 09:49:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Amongst all the things that I loved to do
What I loved most was making others smile, especially you

It was like making a distant star
shine brighter than it normally would
Or making a cold, gloomy, night
a little bit warmer than what it should

I remember asking you to dance with me
And I couldn’t help but stare with awe at your beauty
I also treasure the moments we often sang together
The way we looked at each other and our voices created such sweet-sounding harmonies

I would take photographs of simple memories like these
And you would keep them close to you
I thought everything was all so picture-perfect
But then your eyes met with mine

After all this time it seems that I was looking from the wrong perspective
Of an even bigger picture
You smiled at me so quietly
But your eyes spoke a thousand words

It’s as if there was this feeling of longing
You were lost in thought, endlessly searching,
Waiting, wishing for something more
Only then did it occur to me, that maybe,
I am not the one you are looking for

So I ask of you, is it time for me to leave?
Is there any reason left for me to stay?
Now that I know that I’ll never be a part
Of the image that you’ve always set your sights upon

I pray that you may find it soon
If it is the only way to make you truly happy
Even if the picture of your dreams,
Is a picture without me

What I loved to do the most was smile
To alleviate the pain somehow

It is a simple act of kindness
To brighten up one's miserable day
And to run away from the reality
That's knocking at our door

I remember the day we sang,
How our voices filled the room
I must admit, I enjoyed it
But then, I looked into your eyes

All this time you were taking it the wrong way
Trying to give meaning to every action
You stitch the little pieces into a bigger picture
But I did not imagine it that way

It wasn't my intention to confuse you
Or make you ask yourself these questions
But for now I answer you:
Maybe, I’m not the one you’re looking for

I'm not ready yet,
To paint the image of us together
The colors and hues you dream of
Can never be put in to canvas

I hope someday
In the most perfect time
Destiny will present to you
The love of a lifetime
You will be truly happy
The world will keep turning without me

You Might Also Like

0 comments: