english,

Feature (Submission): Castle-Hopping: 5 Things I Miss the Most

3/30/2017 08:29:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Whenever I close my eyes, I could still hear the smooth tones of the saxophone, together with the staccato of the piano from the elevator music. I could still smell the refreshing lilac scent of the hotel rooms; I could still feel my childhood. But I have to open my eyes.

This is the story of my life when hotels used to be my castles. These are the 5 things I miss the most about the fairytale that I had to let go of:

1. The magical sights of high ceilings and chandeliers.
Stepping inside a hotel and taking in the beautiful interiors is one of my favorite sights to capture. It made me feel like a princess living in a castle of flowers and diamonds, so moving on from this phase in my life is blinding.

Photo Source: Flickr

2. The smell of air-con and fancy things
Whenever I go to a mall, I become nostalgic. The smell of fresh air conditioning in malls is similar to the scent of a hotel. If there is a perfume of this certain smell, I would definitely buy some.

Photo Source: Granby Library

3. The comfy beds, carpets, walls, everything
I really miss the feeling of the soft hotel beds and velvety couches. I still remember rolling on literally everything as a child and I have to say I regret nothing.

Photo Source: Pinterest

4. The taste of never-lasting expensive food
Since my father is a hotel employee, the perks of working in a hotel is wads of discounts and winning in raffles! In the past years he won some free passes for a family dinner buffet at Heat in Shangri-La which back then served my favorite sushi, pasta, and ice cream.

Photo Source: Fotolia

5. The love we get from family bonding
The purpose of our staying in hotels is to relax, have fun, and spend some quality time with the family. I will never forget the priceless memories we made and that’s why this is the thing I miss the most. I would like to bring back our tradition of checking-in to hotels to bring back the strong bond and love of our family.

Photo Source: Prosperity Eating Disorder and Wellness Center

I miss being a princess of hotels. But princesses are just like normal kids. Eventually, we have to grow up. Yes, being a child is one of the best feelings but instead of trying to escape adulthood, trying to bring back the good old times, I should just be thankful for the kind of childhood I had and the wonderful times of my life I’ll never forget. //by Yumi dela Torre

You Might Also Like

0 comments: