corny blue,

Literary: Thesis It!

12/02/2016 09:20:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Chapter I
Introduction

I. Background

Vince Jimenez and Michelle Soriano, you’ll be working with each other on your thesis for the whole school year (Ms. Santos, 2015). I never thought that the words Michelle and Thesis could be in one sentence. I don’t know if this should make me happy or devastated, but I couldn’t be more thankful for this opportunity.

II. Statement of the Problem and Objectives

This research aims to find out if “you” and “me” can become an “us” during the course of thesis work. Specifically, this study seeks to answer the following questions:
1. Can I get to know you better?
2. Can I talk to you?
3. Can I make you fall in love with me?

I guess the main problem is I don’t know how to talk to you. You’ve been my crush since kindergarten and the only decent conversation we had was when I asked to be your partner in our Creative Writing class. Long story short, you ended up with Mr. Perfect, Ryan, while I had Bad Breath Abby. And trust me, I don’t want that to happen again.

I don’t know what to do. Really. I guess I’ll just let the universe do its thing.


Chapter II
Review of Related Literature

Hours have passed and we haven’t done a thing. At least I got to know you and how you’ve been since the last time we’ve talked. I didn’t talk too much because I enjoyed watching and listening to you rant about your exes. I secretly took notes on the do’s and don’ts of dating you.



I learned that you’re truly special and your ideal date is far different from those of other girls I’ve dated.

I was caught off-guard when it suddenly became silent and everything was clear to me. At that moment, I realized I’ve fallen for you even more.


Chapter III
Methodology

Believe it or not, it was not hard for me to think of methods for you to notice me. At the age of 10, I graduated with Latin honors at the Academy of Daydreaming, and that’s where I devised a master plan that I knew would work. The only problem was, one, my parents didn’t allow me to have plastic surgery, and two, puberty doesn’t seem to want to hit me.

My plan for now is to get you out on a date with me and so far, these are my options:

Option 1: Ask you, straight to the point (but Courage the Cowardly Dog is my spirit animal)
Option 2: Ask you to a “Thesis Meeting”
Option 3: Pray to God that you’ll ask me out instead

I think I’ll go with Option 2.

Why do you look sad? (Jimenez, 2015)
My friends ditched me, we’re supposed to go to the Battle of the Bands, I don’t want to go alone (Soriano, 2015).
That sucks, but that’s life (Jimenez, 2015).
Do you have any plans tonight? Would you mind coming with me? (Soriano, 2015)
Are you asking me out on a date? (Jimenez, 2015)
Whatever you call it. So are you coming or not? (Soriano, 2015)
I guess I’ll pick you up at 6 PM. Don’t be late or I’ll ditch you too. Kidding. (Jimenez, 2015)

Well, Option 2 didn’t work out. I guess God loves me so much. I better start preparing now.


Chapter IV
Presentation of Results and Analysis

Time check: 2:37 AM

Here I am still lying on my bed, trying to sleep ‘cause I still can’t believe what happened earlier. Call me Mr. Shallow, but you wouldn’t understand ‘cause I just went on a date with the girl I’ve liked since we were practically babies.

The moment I saw her come out of her house, the world stopped, and it was just the two of us. She wore a t-shirt of her favorite band matched with plain old jeans, but still she looked like a princess, MY PRINCESS.

The concert already started when we arrived. We were just in time for her favorite song. Her eyes were filled with glee; I’ve never seen her that happy before. I noticed that she was getting tired of standing on the tips of her toes, so without giving it a second thought, I carried her and let her sit on my shoulders. I was nervous ‘cause maybe she’d find it awkward and uncomfortable. A few songs after the fact, she asked me if I was okay (I was super tired, actually). I told her I was fine, but deep inside I was ecstatic. I took her home and she kissed me on the cheek. It felt like heaven.

Time check: 3:51 AM.

I better sleep and stop reminiscing.


Chapter V
Conclusion and Recommendation

I think I have a chance.

Go for it.

Defense

Big day today. I never thought I’d come the point when I’d confess my feelings for you. I don’t even care if you reject me, all I want is to let you know how much I like you.

THESIS IT.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: