english,

Literary: Ephemeral

12/02/2016 08:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






End of Summer Vacation
A new day, a new beginning
It’s been too long since I last saw you
Four months of silence
Four months in the air
Four months of waiting for you to care
Too shy to converse
Too shy to talk first
Too scared to look for a clue
That somehow, you liked me too
So I yearned for classes to return
As to see you again, was my only concern

Halloween
I promised myself I had to be the first
To approach and not wait for a cue
I turned looks to words
And words to sentences
I made an effort to speak to you
With more than just phrases

Time flew and moments together were now a routine
Now I’m here deciding what to be for Halloween

Oh whatever, I’ll just be something cliché
The foolhardy hero of a well-known play
I shall depict that of a fair lady
The naive heroine of a classic tragedy

And as if it were a plot of destiny
Star-crossed lovers, we portrayed unknowingly



Christmas
Yuletide season is now coming up
Time for joy and time for cheer

I invited you on one memorable Christmas Eve
This is my chance to wear my heart on my sleeve
You asked me out, to see the lantern’s glow
I accepted, without knowing what’s to follow

And so we agreed to meet together
Just the two of us under the celestial sky

I asked with all my might
For you to be my partner for one special night
Flustered, I lost all my finesse
Still shy, I boldly answered yes
My happiness, I tried to contain
But the beating of my heart, I cannot restrain



New Year
A new year, a new chapter
I thought everything would be happy ever after

I tried reaching out, but you left my message unseen
Wondering where I went wrong, staring at the screen
I’m sorry, I did mean to answer
It just took too long, so I thought it didn’t matter

Hours turned to days turned to weeks
The memories we made, now turned bleak


Valentine’s
This is the night we’ve been waiting for
To restore the connection we lost

I want to ask for a dance so badly
But you’re there, enjoying someone else’s company

Cause you’d rather stand there, staring elsewhere,
So I tried to laugh and show that I didn’t care

I’ve been waiting
For something to happen

But the rose for you gradually withered
Along with the trickle of time
My hope faded, little by little
My patience vanished while waiting for your sign

And before I knew it, the last dance ended
My pride won, we left and parted

April Fool’s Day
We have avoided each other ever since
Back to secret gazes, wordless but longing

I was willing to wait for all of eternity
Up until now, I never questioned your sincerity
I was just a fool who trusted in you
Hanging onto every word, as if they were true

I know I was never worthy of you
But I still tried and did my best

For a moment, I thought I was enough
But you found someone else to believe your bluff
You seem like you’re unaffected
It was just a game for you, I suspected

Maybe this was your plan from the start
Congratulations, you played with my heart.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: