constanta,

Literary: Remember

12/02/2016 09:00:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Ever since we were young
We’ve had this thing called rivalry

Chocolates
Remember the chocolates
Dad brought me?
I was sure it was mine
But you took it suddenly

As soon as I saw the chocolates he brought
I knew you’d like it so I rushed to get the bar
But when I was about to give it to you
You started walking away and now your back’s too far

Clothes

Remember my favorite dress?
That pink piece of clothing
You always loved to wear
Even without my permission

I really thought that dress was nice
Especially when you always use it
So I thought that if I wore it, too
I’d be half as beautiful as you

Crush

Remember when I had this huge crush?
I was sure enough that he likes me, too
But then I saw you alone together
It broke my heart because I trusted you

I was rooting for you two
He had a thing for you, and I know you had for him, too
I was trying just trying to help you get closer
But it turned out to be a total disaster


Conversation

Remember the day when everything went wrong
When all that was left was you and I
Our parents said their last words to me
Is that why you were angry at me?

I was on my way to call the nurse
But they were gone when we were about to return
They should have spent their last moments with me
Not with you

And after all these years,
Death and time did their thing
And made us understand everything

I still remember it all
From the chocolates to the crushes we've fought over
All I can say is I’m sorry
I was not a good sister to you
I should've been more patient
I should’ve deepened my understanding
How I wish I could turn back time
To tell you how I love you dearly
And to show you how thankful I am
To have a sister like you

I should have told you long before
A secret that was kept from you
The reason why they spent their last moment with me
Was because they told me to cherish our time together
I had this thing that was terminal
And I had little time left
Though it’s now too late,
I still wish I could wind back the clock
To tell you how I love you dearly
And to show you how thankful I am
To have a sister like you

You Might Also Like

0 comments: