contre jour,

Literary: A Child's Tale

12/02/2016 08:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments







Chamber of Nyx
Everything was dark, then
A flash of lightning
Shadows crept up the walls
I heard the monster’s whispered call
Raspy, rough, and ragged
I gasped
The bed shook and trembled
And from beneath came forth
Terrors and horrors unimaginable
I ran

The King’s Quarters
With a racing heart
I sought audience
With the King and Queen
With bated breath
I held back tears
And told them of the frightful scene
“They had big eyes, and ugly noses,
Pointy teeth, and scary voices.”
“Nonsense!” cried the King,
“Cease your lying, child!
Such beasts are just of myths and dreams.
You are dismissed, go back to your chambers.”
With dashed hopes, I fled
I hid beneath the blankets
And cried myself to bed

Tower of Hero’s Keep
On the morrow
I awoke with terror
Thinking what this day could hold
Could there be more of these beasts untold?
If the King shall not heed my call
I shall have to take this into my own hands
I gathered my knights and rushed to the keep
Where we planned these evils’ defeat
We downed our drink
And resolved ourselves
To face these creatures of the night

Dungeon of Wickedness
With steady march and all arms drawn
We steeled ourselves
And charged into their realm
Beneath the castle where darkness reigned
They slowly showed their faces
With teeth that could grind anything to dust
Yet we charged with purpose
For who else would challenge the darkness
But us?
We slashed, we parried
We feinted, we blocked
Until all of them fell
Their wickedness mocked
As we bade the darkness farewell

Apollo’s Tavern
And so did fall the evil things
Not by hand of King or Queen
And so the youth did triumph o’er
The creatures which they so deplored
Not with adult might or strength
But with children’s unfaltering hope
Not with age’s wisdom brought
But with youth’s optimistic look

You Might Also Like

0 comments: