english,

Literary: Metamorphosis

5/28/2021 07:14:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Egg

I am still too fragile to step out
With little knowledge of who I am
Though little by little, I grow, understand
The conformities of this world ahead

Though here I ponder, can I be different?
And not abide by these rules they set?
A voice outside, says no, adamantly
Perhaps not yet, so a bit more, I stay,

A prisoner of my own shell—forbidden to express,
Shielded away from those who suppress
Vexed and sickened to be stuck,
Leaving fear, I crack

Caterpillar

Emerging from what I only know
I open my eyes
Looking into the new world
I explore.

A world so colorful
Yet a limiting form
Am I really supposed to be this way?
I wonder.

The more I witness
The more I discover
The more I find out I could be more.
I think.

Pupa

Closed lids
Wrapped up tight
Rid of this dress
In thoughts I sought

Sought for love,
Sought for acceptance,
And for both I long and desire
It was I, all along, able to provide

Opened lids
Loose dress, unraveled
New dress, vibrant shade
No longer wearing a facade

Butterfly

I am free
From the cage of doubt
I now perceive
What I am about.

Colorful as can be
Capable of flight
Letting them know so they see
All day, all night.

Life goes shortly
Therefore, I must have fun.
I’m happy being me
And the very thing I’ve become.

To all the future butterflies

You have yourself
And everything around you
To guide your soul
To a world more real, brand new

It might not make sense in the beginning
Something’s missing maybe,
Or you may not have emerged yet,
Do not hurry.

In the end, all will be worth it.
A beautiful creature, free and true.
To the other beautiful creatures who have not emerged yet,
We’ll be waiting outside to welcome you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: