Eclipse,

Literary: Letters to the Moon

5/28/2021 05:30:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Crescens

To my moon,

I thank all the entities above to have found you. You who contain the entire sky in your eyes, whose orbs that shine as brightly as every particle of stardust take me on an adventure beyond each planet and star. I orbit and get lost in your eyes that burn with passion whenever you tell me about those distant worlds you aim to set foot on.

Blue moons aren’t rare with you, not with the hundreds that we’ve seen together. We’ve seen each phase wax and wane, but with each crescent, gibbous, and quarter, I am slowly filled by your light. And the world begins to become even more colorful and brighter now that I proclaim this to the vast sea of stars, and the heavens up above.

As time goes on while we watch the empyrean sky under the cold blanket of the night, our memories in each season burn bright in my heart. So, as I write this letter under the waxing crescent that reminds me of your smile, I start to realize that the moon really is breathtaking, even more than the galaxy it belongs to. And I fall more in love with it with each passing night.

Plenilunium

To my moon,

There has always been this unexplainable feeling of warmth whenever I look at that mirror ball in the valleys of the night sky. The slight chill from the crisp air disappears when I feel your hand in mine—accompanying me as I converse with the Earth’s one and only satellite each night. On nights covered by the clouds or eclipsed by the sun, you’ve always assured me that the moon is there waiting—and I hope you will too, my moon.

You shine brighter than the full moon, and I bask in the light that has made its way into my heart. Like evening primroses whose flowers blossom in the night, I bloom inexplicably with you by my side.

The moon is full and whole tonight like the love that I have had for you throughout all these years. This full moon signals the start of a new chapter in our lives, of new experiences and adventures. It guides our paths, from star to constellation, towards a new galaxy that we have yet to discover together.

The night is long and dark yet all I see is you illuminating everything around you. They say the stars hold the answers to the mysteries to the universe, yet somehow, I learn that the answer is in holding you close. You like pointing to the stars in the sky, tracing each burst of light, reaching out to share the shimmer of constellations. But to tell you the truth, more than the twinkling starlight, I love the glow of the soft moonlight.

Decrescens

To the moon,

I think it’s rare that we find someone with eyes as bright as stars; eyes that shine with adventurousness that take me beyond the stars and the galaxy. The same eyes that have a burning passion for distant worlds; the ones I always seemed to get lost within its great black sea.

You used to shine the brightest when no one else was around, but now your eyes are full of obscurity lost within itself.

We used to watch a galaxy full of stars ever so slightly burning under its cold blanket. As time went on, we shifted our views to a valley of dying stars and a never ending sea of darkness. One by one, they slowly lose their brightness—like the memories left behind by the wake of our time together; they had slowly lost their meaning to burn bright within our hearts.

It’s unfortunate how things have turned out. The stars we once looked up to have now crumbled to our feet. How the colorful world we once knew was slowly washed away by a great wave of darkness. The love we shared had died out like a fire drowning in an ocean of unfortunate endings—dying out like the waning crescent.

Novilunium

To the moon,

A new moon is in bloom— and it’s been a while since I’ve caught sight of its ever-changing glimmer. I’ve spent each day avoiding the subtle light it gives in hopes of getting rid of every trace you left on it. The sky looks empty as the chilly breeze of the night sky embraced me. With it I let go of how warm your hand feels as it grazes mine, how you twirled me to a new galaxy that's somewhere only we knew, and how you left me there alone as soon as I started playing with the stars. With it I let go of everything I knew and move on, because I am sure you have, moon.

After the eclipse of the moon of our dying love, the moon shone once again and brought new light into my heart. A new moon bound for change within our minds to find new meaning as we trace back our paths, from star to constellation, towards better versions of ourselves.

So maybe as I jot down my thoughts under the new moon that subtly whispers the end of a chapter in our lives, you keep our memories, experiences, and adventures close to your heart and learn diligently from them.

The night only seems to be getting longer, as I get deeper into our memories. What was once a beautiful galaxy now all that’s left is the glow of the soft moonlight and these love letters. And I realize now that maybe I do prefer the twinkling starlight.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: