dandelion,

Literary: My Light

5/28/2021 05:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Denial
Been telling myself this is all a weird dream,
hoping and praying you’d be there when I wake.
Pinching myself doesn’t work, it seems,
still in this dream, my heart is starting to ache
What a nightmare this would be
if this is actually reality.

If this is real life, I am not ready,
that can’t be your last breath,
you cannot leave me.
My body losing all its strength,
I never knew death was this heavy,
please, my mother, just wake up already.

Anger
All the silence and the pain,
now transformed into sorrow
I want to scream; my frustrations, I cannot contain.
My faith in life, suddenly turned zero,
If life is fair, how is it that no one can explain,
why good people die, and the evil remain?

Of all the people in this cruel world,
why does it have to be you?
How is it fair that you, who only helped, are gone,
while the selfish get to live their life through?
In this unjust society of today,
do you have to be cruel like them, to get to stay?

Bargaining
You were once the very definition of perfection and much more
You are my sun during the day
Both the moon and stars that illuminate my night
You are my light—you were once my light
With your absence my days have been bleak
Each day dull, very monochromatic

Gods who denied me of laughter
Now, you’re even depriving me of myself
Hear my prayers, ohh gods of heaven
Grant me a few more months, weeks, or even just a day
Lend me my light that I may find the will to live
Before I find myself succumbing to the call of death

Depression
I lie awake long into the night, confined in solitude
Separated from everything that is bright
The salty smear of tears evident on my sleep-ridden eyes
My only companion, darkness.
Every nook, each cranny, even the crevices are pitch black
Mirroring the thoughts that are slowly devouring my mind.
But I deserve this, this is the punishment warranted for my kind

No longer will I point fingers where they’re not due
It is I, who is to blame for the ceasing of my light
The signs were lining up before my eyes
Screaming for attention, begging to be noticed.
But my foolish self was deeply occupied by things so trivial
That I failed to heed your cries
It was I who failed you

Acceptance
Maybe this world is just not suited, for a lady of your caliber
You are better off in the heavens
Sitting alongside the angels and the almighty himself
It is selfishness to keep your luster contained
To keep the light all for myself
When you’ve always been destined for greatness

There is no night without a dawning
Every chapter has its end
But your presence will always remain
Etched in my heart is your existence
You will always be my light
May it be in this lifetime or the next


You Might Also Like

0 comments: