english,

Literary: New Moon

5/28/2021 06:52:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





- New Moon
I find my way onto the dark field,
The place where joy and light used to be.
I sit on the bench, labeled B13,
Where the moon could not be seen.

“Unlighted like the sky,
A soul faced death and doom,
Now invisible like the New Moon.”

- Waxing Crescent
Here’s a glimpse to the story:
You met with the blazing fire
On the same field that I sit on,
Waited for me to come at dawn.

“If I hadn’t fought hesitation
And if I rushed like a fool,
There’d have been no one for me to lose.”

- First Quarter
You’re like the half of me.
Since the first day of school
You, who I treasured, was lost
Now gone, at what cost?

“Our lives just started that day,
And we stopped being childish.
Only you burned in anguish.”

- Waxing Gibbous
I remember the nights we spent together
Staring at the nearing full moon.
How many nights have passed?
More memories with you is what I always asked for.

“It kills me slowly, deeply,
When I’m reminded of how late I’ve been—
How my feelings were left unseen.”

- Full Moon
Indescribable affection, I dote on you,
I haven’t expressed, nor said a word
But now all I can offer is the full confession:
Only the stars now know of my passion.

“You were the shining moon,
Where my feelings rise like sea tides
As my magnetic fondness guides.”

- Waning Gibbous
Desire of mine to hear your reaction
Is becoming a mere dream.
You’re not here anymore,
How would wishing help me more?

“You were gone with the wind,
And the moon started to move,
I haven’t been able to improve.”

- Third Quarter
It grants me extreme pain, but I have to let you go.
Half of me doesn’t want to let you leave,
There is nothing I can do but to accept reality.
I have to face the outcome of this unexpected tragedy.

“The year has passed and I’m still here.
You must know these tears are temporary,
I’ll make sure to move on correctly.”

- Waning Crescent
As you slowly start to fade away,
I stand from the bench labeled B13.
The place where we used to sit
Was engulfed in the fire that had the field lit.

“Tragedy of the past, I loathe you.
But to end this cycle is a must
And with my strength, I trust.”

- At last, we welcome a New Moon -


You Might Also Like

0 comments: