english,

Literary: To my dearest Abyss

5/28/2021 07:00:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





To my dearest Abyss,

CURIOSITY

We talk incessantly in class,
you invariably make my cheeks red.
You said you adore my smile,
and my exceptionally ravishing face.

You choose always me,
as your partner in school projects.
We love our many matching outfits,
Especially our dazzling picture lockets.

We draw each other on glittered papers,
and I love your heavy-lidded eyes.
You always hug me from the back,
and after class you walk me home safely.

I’m so thrilled to have you.

CAPTIVATION

You just called me one day to say, “Tara gala,”
and went on to shower me with treats.
But I feared that your soles got sore
from all the walking that we did.

You spotted that character shirt,
and got us matching ones.
We held hands as we giggled,
and ate the kiddie meal you ordered.

I felt your weight against mine
when you dozed off on the way home.
I relived that day as I lay on my bed,
On the pile of clothes I tried on the night before.

I’m so lucky to have you.

FALLING

The day of my birthday,
to my house you came.
With a pink cake in your hand,
and two cinema tickets in the other.

You cackled and made fun of my face,
because my eyes got swollen from the sad movie.
To the photobooth you pulled me,
and put on the mustache prop.

I even saved the bus ticket
that you paid for on the ride home.
Just like last time,
my shoulder became your pillow.

In front of my house’s porch,
I thanked you for everything that day.
You looked me in the eyes,
gave me a daring smile and said:

“I’m happy to have a friend like you.”

Love,
The Girl Who Fell


You Might Also Like

0 comments: