english,

Literary: Tick-tock

5/28/2021 05:48:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Years

Years of laughter
Building up wholesome friendship
Inspiring teachers
Guiding us through our hardships

Friendship built for years
Memories we make every day
The past that we’ll see
Will be today
Moments we hold dear
Hopefully won't go away

Months

Months of preparation
For upcoming finals
No exact direction
I’m still in denial

Months of review
All for just one moment
More colleges to pursue
No time for amusement

Weeks

Weeks became lockdowns
A quick breather from commotions
Less time for breakdowns
More time to avoid emotions

Weeks came down hard
Withdrawal from school
Everything got barred
Left feeling unsure
Days

Days suddenly felt timed
24 hours left behind
School felt undefined
There is too little time

Days dwindling down
Time is ticking by
We will be on our own
Didn’t get the chance to say goodbye

Hours

Hours of so much work assigned
Staring among our screens
Overloaded information in my mind
Functioning as if we’re machines

Hours of productivity
One after another
It feels like an eternity
I’m being smothered


Minutes

Give me a minute!
A minute to think
A minute to breathe
A minute to let it sink

Give me a minute!
A minute to relax
A minute to reboot
A minute to kick back

Seconds

If there was only one second
For a second chance
A chance to bring back time
A moment that will last

If there was only one second left
I’ll find my way
To the memories I’ve repressed
Back to the good old days

You Might Also Like

0 comments: