capulet,

Literary: 070215

12/02/2016 09:29:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






“This isn’t working out anymore.”

No need for pointing fingers
For I am guilty, I am to blame,
In a snap, I disturbed the flow
Of the love that we both dearly hold
Falling in love became falling apart;
Joyous moments are now painful pasts

Why am I still searching
For a love that was long gone?
Has conceit led me too far astray
From the reality in which we belong?
Maybe I should save us both the pain
And yield to our tragic fate.

“Our timing was off.”

Such a funny and stupid excuse
From I who told you:
“I’ll stay and wait for the right time.”
A gentleman, I claimed to be
Yet I am nothing, but a coward and a fraud
What are promises then to this man of hypocrisy?

A man of your word, you claimed to be,
Ardent in your promise to stay
Until you deemed our love misplaced—
Lost in time and space
And I, a fool left waiting
For the timing we will never get right

“You deserve someone better.”

A woman of decency you are;
A woman, not worthy of torment
And I, a liar and an idiot,
Deserve no love from you
If it is only pain I bring, I must let you go
And hope you find a man who’ll love you more than I do

Do not be quick to assume I will heed
Just another spurious excuse
You should now know, more than anything else
That I regarded you no less than the best
So who are you to decide
What is worthy of my love?
“…”

Up to the last moment, we uttered none
Perhaps no words can express or deny
That we had a love that could only be ours
But now, towards separate ways we go
In search of happiness to fill this void,
The space which I can no longer fill.

“I hope you find the love you deserve.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: