english,

Literary (Submission): Backpack Confessions

5/26/2017 09:49:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Jansport,
Sorry I had to address you like this
You were the only one I can actually tell these to
But I really have to say it, all the things I keep inside
So please don’t doubt my words because all of these are true

Walking in school was something I dread
For each boring step was nothing remarkable
Then, I get a glimpse of even just a pair of thin straps
And there, I will smile at the sight of your name printed on the label

My heart will beat faster
In my chest, it can break free
And find its way to your front pockets
With the help of your zippers, it can never flee

If that so happens, I won’t complain
For it saves me from endless shame
And end up with your owner not feeling the same

But someday…

I hope I gain enough courage to profess all these
The heavy luggage of emotions I always wear
However, not to you, but to someone who holds you near
To the one who always carries you everywhere

You Might Also Like

0 comments: