clockwork,

Literary (Submission): Hey Son

5/12/2017 09:10:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Dear son, it’s me your mom
The view’s amazing from where I am
And I know how much you’ll love it
It might be hard to understand,
For me to work in faraway land.
But keep in mind that this is for you
Wait for a while, we’ll be together soon.

Hey son, how are you now?
Seven letters and I haven’t replied
And for that I really apologize.
You see my work needs extra time,
I know this letter will not suffice
For all my messages and my advice.
Please recognize this sacrifice.

Dear son, I heard the news!
And honey I was so amused,
This has made me so enthused.
Your awards have made me proud,
I’ll try to go home if I’m allowed.
If ever your father asks how,
Just tell him I’ll figure something out.

Hey son, where have you been?
Three months and you haven’t replied.
Are you still mad because I didn’t come back?
Please do know for that I apologize
You see I did try but was just denied.
I’ll send you gifts, whatever you like
Just say what you want and it will be right by your side.

Dear son, I hope we can talk.
It’s been a year and you have kept yourself locked in.
I have been looking forward to your replies
Although it just led me to believe in a lie.
I know you’ve hated me for a while
And I hated myself letting it last for that long.
But I know I still have a chance to change it
For next month I’ll finally go back
And I hope we can still put things back on track.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: