english,

Literary: Dusk ‘Til Dawn

5/17/2017 08:05:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Raindrops and sunshine
A typhoon visits a summer day
His cry is common perfection
The lack of words has a lot to say

I start to speak as dusk comes greeting
Inside, I am lost, but outside, I've won
I am pushing and pulling, but I do what I must
I will keep him safe until the first hint of dawn

With his eyes as blue as the vast oceans
I prevent the waters from gushing out
The way he lies there still sets me in motion
Now he's the only one I can't live without

The night is my enemy, the day made me realize
Darkness crept in the absence of her light
With the words I once said, but now I can't verbalize
Her absence showed me the presence of a hole in my heart

Reality struck when she was gone on a whim
So I took responsibility for our only son
To stay awake and watch over him
From dusk until dawn

I vow to always drive away his fears
And forever, he, I will hold dear

You Might Also Like

0 comments: