english,

Literary: My Broken Pieces

5/12/2017 08:40:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






You’ll be amazed at how fast things change

In a blink of an eye,
Things aren’t the same as they used to be.
We don’t know each other anymore.
It’s like nothing happened at all.
We’re suddenly caught between goodbyes
The thing I chased for so long,
Now in the hands of somebody I used to trust.
The feelings that I was so sure of,
Gone in an instant.
The twinkle in your eyes whenever ours would meet,
Dimmed as if a switch was flicked.
The lines you used to write for me,
Now written for someone else.
The smiles we used to share
Are now even brighter because of somebody else.
The universe that once pushed us to be together,
Is now leading our paths away from each other.

But in the end of everything,
Even though things had to end,
Every moment was worth it,
Because I learned that
Two broken hearts could fix one another.
And teach each other to love again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: