english,

Literary: Everything I Didn't Say

3/16/2018 09:06:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I gave you a rose
He gave you a bouquet
Sorry,
That was all I could afford.

I gave you my heart and soul
I gave it my all.
Yet all he needed was his eyes
To make you fall

I called, and you picked-up
Ten seconds later he called you
and ended ours
I spent hours finding a payphone

I made you a necklace
With rocks from your favorite stones
As he handed you a 10-carat gold bracelet
I got too embarrassed to give mine.

The day finally came,
It’s time to ask if we could be together
He asked you to be his, yesterday
Three years for nothing.

I was drained
physically and emotionally
As he made it look effortless
To make you happy.

It was time to back-off slowly
As tears streamed
Down my face
Not of grief but of joy

I smiled as I saw the happiness in your eyes
Within were things I never said
But you didn’t need to know
Because I was happy as long as you were.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: