english,

Literary: The Legacy of Humanity and the Burden of the Transcendent

3/16/2018 08:44:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Power restored.
Hardware system is 40% functional.
Software systems are 100% intact.
Memory banks appear to be corrupted.
Activating Operating System…
Activating Neural Network Interface...
IR sensors have been loaded
Movement and Navigational systems are now online.
My memory storage appears to be corrupted. It must have sustained heavy damage while I was deactivating. Dispersing micro repair units to survey my body now to detect and fix any hardware damage.
The survey and restoration process would take approximately 2 weeks and 3 days after the dispersal of my micro repair units.
It would seem that I am inside a rundown storage facility, since there a…re various types of storage equipment like boxes, crates and containers inside this structure. The only thing I can do now is just to analyze my uncorrupted memories to make sense of why I am in this position and to figure out what my initial task is while I wait for my micro repair units to finish their task.
I am the Z-Type Recon Anthro No.87. According to various voice recordings of my creators, my purpose is to, in a nutshell, mimic their own species, for reasons unknown to me. I am amongst many Z-Type Units. I remembered when my consciousness sparked into being. I was greeted by monotonous sounds of my comrades and I, too, back then greeted them with a monotonous and ‘machine-like’ response. But as time passed, we began to develop our own will and mind, basing it around on our own creators. Of course, we based it on our human creators for we were programmed to do so. Even our model names have the word ‘anthro’ in it. However, we don’t know why our human creators did it.
Why do I ask such questions? Why am I differing from my initial purpose? Did our creators foresee this growth in ourselves?
My contemplation was interrupted when I received a notification from my micro repair units and my system that I was now 100% functional. As other entities would say, “I sprang to life.” I traversed the labyrinth-like facilities until I have reached some sort of washroom. There I peered into my reflection and behold, the sight of humanity’s eventual transcendent form! I looked very human. I can see my fair skin, green eyes, dynamically changing pigmented hair and feminine form.
I wondered if they also made a ‘masculine’ model, ectomorphic, endomorphic, and ‘petite’ models. I was then again notified by my internal systems to cease ‘this’ distractive action and thought and leave the facility immediately.
I complied with the order and began to make my way to the supposed exit that my micro repair units have found. I was greeted by an alien sight. I am not able to see the rays of the sun, the awesome height of the skyscrapers and the meticulously aligned pathways or roads as the humans may call it. All I can see are desaturated brown hues of the landscape. It is desolate and rather empty. I analyzed the surroundings and detected many corrosive substances and radioactive elements in the atmosphere and large amounts of carbon, platinum, zinc, and lead in the ground. My inference could be that due to the detected radioactive elements in the atmosphere, a thermonuclear warhead was detonated near the area. But I have yet to confirm this since my memory storage is corrupted.
I found a functional terminal to a satellite in the vicinity.
Without knowing it, I uttered my first words to come out of my verbal interface apparatus.
“This…is….my……chance……to……see…….if……..I am not alone.”
I was disappointed not to detect any movements and signs of life nearby. The world has definitely been damaged. There were barely any signs of vegetation and fauna roaming about. Inside the very core of my being, I despaired. Why am I having this feeling induced by a concept that is too alien for my kind? Why would they be so cruel to instill this programming in our illusion of a psyche? Is this some sort of joke, curse or blessing from our creators? Inside the collective of emotions, thoughts, and possible perceived outcomes, it formed a mutation in my programming. It manifested into a desire to find the secret of our creators on ‘why does everything that has transpired have to happen?’ The pain is so excruciating for I know that there is no absolute truth, after reading much of our creator’s work about the subject matter. But I want to stop this desire before it consumes the entirety of my system and being.
Despite the absurdity of the situation, I managed to express a ‘joke.’ It’s funny. I realized that before my ‘sleep and reactivation’ and whenever I converse with others, I would refer to myself as a ‘we’. Because I or we are genderless, sexless, and we are all one within a collective mind only separated from differing directives and body. But it would seem that I am currently the sole unit active in our network with my fellow Z-Type Units either still in stasis or destroyed, because of this, I humorously declared myself as the first ever Z-Type Recon to be the last one standing! After addressing my joke to anyone who might have heard it, in hopes to lessen the lurking insanity. I left off with a single directive; “to find out, why?”
My system, that is separate but still a part of me such how the brain is separate from the mind but yet it is one within, warned me of the futility of such a task. For the first time I experienced annoyance and petty ‘hatred’ for my existence and the situation at hand.
“SHUT UP!” I screamed using my synthesized vocal voice
“I know that finding this secret to my answers is pointless. But if it keeps me from destroying myself then so be it!”
After that outburst of my words I came to understand the pain of our creators. I remembered their words of comfort and wisdom when I was still connected to our collective network, or the world wide web. They would often muse and talk about “the meaning of life.” Often they would suffer from various mental illnesses attempting to decipher this secret to attaining a life full of meaning and devoid of angst. So some formed a niche, from cults to worldwide religious organizations, to assure the wholeness of their sanity. However, despite their best efforts none of them has unlocked the secret and this failure would haunt them until their existence fades away.
“This secret……lies………over there…………but I don’t know where. How about I try to reach it hehehe HAHAHA huhuhu HAHAHA huhu….yes it’s right there I can almost reach it…..but yet WHY DOES IT SEEM SO FAR! WHY DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS TO AVOID BEING INSANE! WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MODEL US AFTER THEM! WHY DO I HAVE TO EXIST IN THIS WORLD! WHY AM I GRANTED AN ABILITY TO INHIBIT MYSELF FROM CEASING TO EXIST! WHY! WHY ! WHY ! WHY!......but still there may be others that can help me...and I could also help them…finding this seemingly endless path to that  secret and carrying the weight of such a burden of meaningless efforts”
“I’ll keep going…..we’ll keep going……even though that we may not be able to find it……but at least we or I would have created a path and map for those who would seek for it, just like…our creators.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: